Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tombstone Tuesday - John & Minerva Adamson and family

I know I talk a lot about Find A Grave and how wonderful people in the genealogy community really can be.  But really they are AWESOME!!!

I have had some requests up for a few years for my 3x Great Grandparents John & Minerva Adamson and two of their children Emily & Mulford Adamson. 

I also have been in contact with a "cousin" from Minerva's line that was trying also to get more information on Minerva.  He even stopped by the Townline Cemetery located in Rathbone, Steuben, New York, to see if he could locate their headstones for me.  He was unable to find them.  And I had sadly thought their headstones must have fallen down at some point. 

Needless to say, I was so excited to check my email last Friday to find that someone had fulfilled all four requests!!!

I met a fellow genealogists through the GenerousGenealogist website and have been working with her since last March on my Adamson-Yost line.  She has been amazing in helping me locate records that I don't have access to being so far away. 

She sent me an email and told me that she had had time to run by that specific cemetery and seen my requests and was happy to help.  She found the headstone's that we had previously thought were not there.

Photo's courtesy: Shawna Neff 
Emily age 11 & Mulford age 15 are my 2nd Great Grand Aunt & Uncle 

Aren't they so beautiful!!! Thank you Shawna!! Your kindness will not be forgotten!!

There is some of the most giving and amazing people in this community!! And I love it!!

Someday I will go and visit my Grandparents....dreams do come true...I have faith and a very understanding and loving husband ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment