Thursday, January 10, 2013

Treasure Chest Thursday!

On the 25th of August 1995 my Grandparents, Lloyd & Helen Timbrel, celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary (a great goal for Theron & I).  My Mother, Sandy, and her siblings had worked together before hand to make them a wonderful gift that they would treasure because it came from the heart.  Each of my Grandparents children made their own squares, then my Aunt Dolores put the blanket together and quilted it.  The result the most beautiful blanket.

Helen & Lloyd looking over their beautiful gift.
This was taken today

Near the center of the blanket is their wedding photo and marriage license.

I was 15 when I wrote this.
When I went to visit my wonderful aunt, she was prompted to give this blanket to me.  She felt that it would be truly treasured with me.  And it is! I feel so honored that out of all the grandchildren, I should be the one to end up with it.  Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift! I love to quilt and I've been thinking about creating a quilt with photos. This shows that it is well worth the work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes it is definitely worth it!! :D I love this quilt!!

    ReplyDelete