I finished going through all the records I got from Mahaska Co., IA. I separated them by last name. Now, as I am working on these families, I can just pull out that family name and voila!! Yay!!
|This is what it looks like as I am working.... messy.|
Whenever someone gives me the oppurtunity to scan their photos or genealogy work, I always like to give it back in better shape than I got it or add to it in some way. For instance, I was lucky enough to get a distant cousin's work and bring it home with me, in order to make copies. Since I had it here for the winter I took the time to make copies of each page and scan it all making it a digital file. Very wonderful. With Grandma Bev's pictures, when I got them they were all stuffed into two, huge bags. I started by sorting out all the stuff that wasn't pictures and then got to work on sorting the pictures themselves. This project took me over a year to finish but only because I took the winter off....really though I don't know why I waited, so many wonderful, great finds. I have thoroughly enjoyed having the chance to see and copy this great addition to my work. And am very grateful that I am half way done with the project. I finished the hard part, anyways. :)
|This is what I started with.|
|This was the first sort, I did two more after this one.|
|And this is the finished result. :D|