Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday's Faces of the Past - Maria & Jacob Hitz

Hi all...man it feels like forever since I have had a minute to sit down and work, and while I feel good.  Recovery is going good but I still have bad days.  Today is going to be a busy day but I have a few minutes here this morning and I wanted to share something that has happened lately.

A few months ago right before my last surgery I was contacted by a Wahl relative.  She is the daughter in law to my father in law's aunt...following me lol.  Anyways, she is the family historian for that side of the family.  And she found me on ancestry.com, I had a few mistakes on my Wahl family tree that needed clearing up :/, and she wanted to share information.  We emailed for awhile but my Wahl research is in it's infancy really, as I have spent most of my time on my side and the Thornton side.  She was oh so wonderful though and had a lot more information than I did.  She said she would send me some stuff.....well I got it a couple weeks later and was astounded at what she sent.  Pages and pages of family group sheets with notes and pictures included.  But the coolest thing by far was a picture that was sitting on the very top when I opened the box, it was the wedding photo for my husband's 2x Great Grandparnets Maria Zehnder and Jacob Hitz.  What a wonderful photo! They were married on 7 Aug 1886 in Butte, MT.

There was also a cd included with tons of other photo's but this one is one of them that just stands out.

Maria (Zehnder) & Johann Jacob Hitz wedding photo


No comments:

Post a Comment