Monday, September 17, 2012

The new RAOGK...

I am part of this wonderful yahoo group, dedicated to genealogy.  I have seen over the last year, since the end of the raogk.org (Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness) site,  many people talk about starting a new site.  However, a lot of people have been leery on starting a new start due to copyright issues and the fact that it was talked of the site going up again in the near future.  I was also a little worried as I loved the original raogk.org.  I was a volunteer and also used it a lot to get help with my own research.  Well, a few weeks ago it was suggested again that someone start a new site.  Mark Rabideau took up the torch and contacted the co-owner of raogk.org.  Worked out all the logistics and got to work.  The fruits of his labors has come to fruition. 

GenerousGenealogists  I am so excited to see this site up and running.  And excited to be a part of it.  I hope to get back to helping people with their research here in Elko. :D  So check it out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment